The Locomotives and Mk:IV coaches they operate with will have a ‘G exam’ and OH1 exam, thus increasing the longevity of the trains. Completion of the upgrades is expected to be completed by the beginning of 2022, the date may change as often railway upgrade projects take longer than expected.
The Class 91 and Mk:IV trains are being kept to work services between London Kings Cross to Leeds and York. The 4th September 2020 was due to mark the end of the trains working the Anglo/Scottish route as the new fleet London North Eastern Railway use have finally taken over, but a few have managed to work the Anglo/Scottish route since 4th September.
The provisional diagrams after September 2020 are listed below, though as with all provisional timetables is subject to change:
- 1D02: 06.33 Kings Cross – Leeds
- 1A49: 19.16 Leeds – Kings Cross
- 1N36: 23.00 Kings Cross – York
- 1A04: 06.05 Leeds – Kings Cross
- 1N81: 09.06 Kings Cross – York
- 1Y84: 12.02 York – Kings Cross
- 1N87: 15.06 Kings Cross – York
- 1Y90: 18.02 York – Kings Cross
- 1Y00: 04.40 York – Kings Cross
- 1D06: 08.33 Kings Cross – Leeds
- 1A26: 11.45 Leeds – Kings Cross
- 1D17: 14.03 Kings Cross – Leeds
- 1A41: 16.45 Leeds – Kings Cross
- 1D30: 1933 Kings Cross – Leeds
What are your thoughts on this extension? Let us know below!